Monday, August 19, 2013

Much to discuss

Guild members might have noticed an influx of emails from me as we hurdle toward Thursday's meeting. I say hurdle because it feels like we have so much to talk about and I find myself trying to figure out the best way to stay organized and get the most done quickly!

Here are the highlights of what the executive board is working on, and what we'll need from you.

  • BYLAWS! Yes, they're drawn up and ready for a general vote. We ask that each of you check your email for a link from me that contain the document that will soon become our bylaws. Read it over before the meeting and bring your notes, concerns, issues, etc. If you'd rather email me about bylaws, please do so at melintheattic(at)gmail.com
  • Facebook The other email from me, sent last night, is about our private Facebook group, a totally informal place to share information and high fives between meetings. It is not mandatory and all important information will be communicated first here and via email. But if you want to show off your latest finish, ask a question of a member or publicize something quilty, this is the place. It is only open to members.
  • Logos! We will be seeing some versions of the new NJMQG logo (designed by the fabulous Daniela DiIorio), and we need member help to settle on some details of the design. 
  • Block challenge We are very excited to have a sponsored block challenge. I will not spoil anything, but there will be prizes.
Don't forget a chair, a nametag and something quilted for show and tell! I am usually not a fan of exclamation points, but look how many I've used! It's going to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love it when you comment!