Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Hurricane Sandy Sew-A-Thon needs your help!

Hello quilt friends!  
I need your help! 
This Saturday, Nov. 17th from 2pm-5pm I am hosting a Sew-A-Thon in the basement of the Reformed Church of Highland Park!  

We will be making hats and mittens for those impacted by Hurricane Sandy that need warm things.  The church itself has partnered with groups in hard-hit areas like Keyport and Union Beach and they are driving down twice a week to directly deliver supplies.     


I need sewers (and cutters and kid watchers)!!  But, I also need fleece and stretchy knits to make the hats.  I hosted this event once before, two weeks ago, and we made a total of 32 hats, 4 neck warmers and a blanket.  This time, I want to make EVEN MORE! And, I think we can do it.  Our neighbors need it.

But, I need your help.  Can you donate fleece or jersey?  Can you suggest  a good mitten pattern and donate it?   Can you help out???  Please email me ahappystitch[at]gmail[dot]com if you can.

Any and all assistance is welcome! It's a great time and a great cause!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love it when you comment!