We laid out all of the blocks and it became obvious that there were vast differences in color and style to such a degree that there was no way to make a cohesive quilt no matter what we did, how we arranged the blocks, or what color we tried to pull it together with.
While the original intent was to send it to QuiltCon, this would not be anything close to a modern quilt, despite the use of white in most of the blocks. So...the put-it-together committee decided that we should plan ahead for next year and think differently about the parameters if we are going to submit a quilt to QuiltCon.
Meantime, we had a collection of 35 or so blocks. So - we decided to divide up the blocks that would work together and use 24 of them to make two terrific charity quilts for children. What fun! Once we got started, we put together the puzzle pieces, trimmed them all to the same size, picked out sashing and border colors, and cut/sewed.
|Margy contemplating the arrangement.|
|Peggy about to sew.|
The other quilt will have sashing; Margy took it home to finish the top, but here are the blocks laid out.
Honestly, the whole collaborative project was so much fun and the afternoon just flew! The four of us got to know each other and it was a great bonding experience. We'll talk about it in October. See you then!